SO Sofitel Hua Hin (hereinafter referred to as either “Hotel” or “we” or “us” or “our”) respects the privacy of all our guests and business partners and treats personal information (personal data) provided by you as confidential. We understand your concern and we know that you are concerned how information about you is collected, used and stored, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so with every due care and diligence in accordance with all applicable laws.
The Private Policy (“the Policy”) applies to personal data and information collected via the hotel website and collected via third parties such as OTAs, etc regarding guests, web-users and other individuals with whom we do business and to the management of that data and information in any form, where electronic or written.
Purposes for which data are used
The purposes for which we may use the data collected or to be collected by the Hotel are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes. If the data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, you must provide the data to the hotel if you want the hotel to provide the services for which you are applying. If the data is only to be used for voluntary purpose, the hotel will obtain your consent and you can tell the hotel not to use the data for that purpose and we will not do so.
Purposes for which it is obligatory for you to provide the data area
1. Handling and following up enquiries and matters related
2. Identifying the winners or customers identities when collecting the winning prize or gifts from the hotel
3. Disclosure under requirements of any law binding on the hotel
4. To process your requests or enquiries
5. To process and complete transactions requested by guests
6. Designing new or enhancing existing services provided by us for guests’ use
7. To send your administrative communications, such as booking information and any account you may have with us or about future changes to this Private Policy statement
8. To administer and enforce the rules of contests, promotions and campaigns offered by the hotel
9. For our internal business and administrative purposes
10. To ensure ongoing credit worthiness of you
11. To enforce your obligations, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from you and those providing security for you
Purposes for which it is only voluntary for you to provide the data area:
1. Sending to you direct marketing, promotion and/or offers of hotel’s products and services
2. Sending you our future marketing purposes and/or joint promotion offered by our affiliates or business partners
3. Conducting customer and service surveys to develop our services
Collection of Personal Information
The term “personal data” in this Policy refers to personal information which is capable of identifying you as an individual. You can visit our website without providing any personal data or information. When we need to collect personal data from you to provide you with a particular service, we will ask you to obligatory supply us with the information we need. Personal data may be collected as part of: (i) fulfilling reservations or requests for information or services, (ii) accommodating your personal preferences, (iii) purchasing our products and services, (iv) registering for our programme memberships, (v) facilitating communications. Hotel may also request your personal data to verify your identity, to protect your interests and implement security measures in compliance with the law.
Types of Personal Information we collect
The types of personal data that we process include:
1. Your personal details, contact information, passport and visa information, identity card
2. Guest stay information, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences, telephone numbers and faxes
3. Medical data related or any information specified according to legal or travel policies for travelling in Thailand
4. Your credit card details, membership information, account details, and your travel partner
5. Any information necessary to fulfill special requests (for example leisure, travel and guest preferences);
6. Your reviews and opinions about our services;
7. Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems and other security systems
Notice for Direct Marketing or e-Direct Marketing
We intend to use your personal information to send you marketing communications such as direct-mail, email, phone calls and messages via smartphone containing offers, promotions, and events related to travel, services, food and beverage, non-profit activities, media and public relations.
Hotel may not use your personal information for direct or e-marketing without your consent. If you do not allow or agree us to use the data, you may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by following the “opt-out” instructions contained in the communications.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Data held by the Hotel relating to you will be kept confidential. In cases where the hotel do collect the data from you, we will:
1. Hotel will ask your permission before using your personal data
2. Hotel will retain your personal data until the data is in excess of the necessity pursuant to its collection objectives and no longer than 10 years. After that, your personal data will be destroyed.
3. Hotel gives you to opt-out of receiving promotions from hotel at any time or contact the staff to request to unsubscribe
4. Tell you how hotel will store the data and how you can review, change and delete the data hotel has stored
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal data
2. Where personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, ask for personal data to be rectified or completed
Disclosure of necessary data for some purpose
The Hotel may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such data to the following parties:
1. Business Partner including agents or related agencies that provide services in connection with the hotel operation
2. Credit card agents and financial companies that partner with the hotel for any promotions
4. Social Media platforms provide the latest promotions to our guests
Our Commitment to Data Security
To maintain the accuracy of your personal data, as well as preventing unauthorized access to and ensuring the correct use of your personal data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. Whilst we make every effort to protect your personal data, no security measures can guarantee that your personal data and information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking and we shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising as a result of such incidents.
Visitors to our website do so on an anonymous basis. We have not configured our website to collect any information from your computer without your input. This means that unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with your information, we will not know your identity, your email address, or any other information identifiable to you.
Choice is your
You may always choose what personal data and information (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected (for example, we cannot take a reservation without a name or credit card).
Marketing Communications Department
Address: 329 Sukhumvit 63, Klongton Nuer, Wattana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand
Contact Center: Call +66 (0) 2 381 4823 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer: DPO
Information technology Department (IT Department)
Address: 115 Moo 7 Tambol Bangkao, Bang Kao, Cha-Am, Phetchaburi 76120 Thailand
Contact Center: Call +66 (0) 32 709 555 or email to email@example.com
Experience the Imaginative Escape at SO Sofitel Hua Hin with exclusive SO Special Offers. “Click” below!